USPS PRIORITY SHIPPINGTo get your packages just in time for Christmas Friday December 23rd, USPS shipping is what we are offering within the continental USA.
SHIPPING POLICY & RATES
1. We ship all orders destined for the continental US via USPS or UPS. All international orders are shipped via USPS International and UPS International. Tracking numbers are provided by email at the time of shipment. The customer assumes responsibility for any additional charges on rejected packages. Make Smith Leather Co. is not responsible for customs fees incurred from importing goods. Any shipping charges incurred due to exchanges or returns for store credit are the responsibility of the customer.
2. Make Smith is not responsible for incorrect shipping addresses and refunds will not be provided for misguided packages. Redirection is NOT possible with USPS services.
3. We work hard to keep our shipping rates reasonable while still getting your items to you in the most efficient and reliable way possible, and we appreciate your understanding.
4. Make Smith Leather Co. cannot assume responsibility for reimbursement or compensation for packages lost in transit due to the carriers neglect - all carrier issues should be directed to either www.ups.com or www.usps.com
Returns & Exchange Policy
Our leather goods are made-to-order, and the following return and exchange policy applies to all internet and in-store sales. Purchases from Make Smith Leather in-store or online are subject to the following return and exchange policies:
- We offer a full refund if an item is returned within 7 days of purchase for customers with payment receipt, photo identification, and credit card used for transaction in hand. This does not include embossed or monogrammed items.
- We have a 30 day exchange policy with gift receipts. A gift receipt must be requested at the time of purchase. For gift receipt returns we only offer store credit or exchange.
- All sales are final on custom embossed or monogrammed items. Due to the custom nature of embossing, returns or exchanges cannot be made after embossing work has been performed.
All sales are final on discounted sale items and special promotions.
Please contact us to request a Return Authorization via email at: email@example.com. All Returns and Exchanges must be approved beforehand. Once we have approved your return, we will send you further instructions. After your Return or Exchange is processed, you will be sent an exchanged item / issued a credit for the value of the item which is redeemable for instock items. Items shipped to us without a Return Authorization will be shipped back to you.
For repairs due to defect or normal wear and tear, please see the MAKE SMITH LIFETIME WARRANTY section below. For any other repairs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information and pricing.
MAKE SMITH LIFETIME GUARANTEE
We stand by the quality of our materials and craftsmanship. If the leather, stitching, or hardware of your genuine Make Smith product fails at any time due to regular use, we will repair or replace it. You will need to return the item to our workshop at your cost. Within 30 days we will repair or replace and return to you via standard shipping within the continental US free of charge. Simply email Make Smith at email@example.com to start the process. You will need to obtain an authorization number from us before you return the product.
We guarantee that our products are made to withstand a lifetime of normal wear and tear for the use they were intended. The Make Smith Lifetime Guarantee does not cover repair or replacement due to out-of-the-ordinary use, accidents, or intentional modification by customer. Our leather goods will age gracefully over time, but we do not guarantee that the items will remain in "like new" condition for the duration of their lifetime, nor do we guarantee "like new" condition after repairs.
Whether or not a product qualifies for a repair or replacement is at our sole discretion.
If you are interested in becoming a Make Smith Leather Co. dealer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Your privacy is important to us. We do not collect personally identifiable information about you on this site without your knowledge, and all such information is collected directly from you. We may utilize your email address to send communications to you, but you may opt out at any time. If there are any questions you have that aren’t covered here, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll reply to your inquiry as soon as possible.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
All site content is copyright Make Smith Leather Co. and may not be reproduced in any manner without the express written consent by Steven D. Soria of Make Smith Leather Co. Make Smith is a registered Trademark with The United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Q: What if the belt I ordered doesn’t fit?
A: If your belt doesn’t fit, you are welcome to exchange it for another size, or you may return it for store credit. Because all of our products are made to order, we cannot offer refunds, but hopefully you can find something else to your liking.
Q: How do I send my item in for a Return or Exchange?
Q: Where does our leather come from?
A: We use heavy Native Steer hides coming from major U.S. Tanneries. Due to the competitive nature of our retail field, we do not disclose our actual sources. But, of major concern is our environmental responsibilities. Our tanneries use major U.S. beef packing houses, where the cattle are processed under strict USDA supervision in the most humane way possible.
Q: What is oil tanned leather, and why is it better?
A: Oil tanned leather is unique because it has special oils & waxes applied during the tanning process to give the leather a very soft and supple feel that is resistant to water and other elements. The leather has a wonderful full bodied hand that is the perfect combination of softness and rugged durability for bags, boots, chaps, and more!
Q: Can I get an item that I already own embossed with my initials?
A: No, embossing happens during the manufacturing process and cannot be done after the fact. You can request embossing on any of the pieces that we make, with an added fee. After you order with us, we will confirm your embossing needs. Please Note: Embossing is limited to three or four initials.
Q: Do you do repairs, fix broken leather things or refurbish bags and stuff? I'd like to have my bag, belt, (leather something) fixed...
A: No we do not do repairs.